WordPress Website Maintenance Plans
But doesn't my host do this?
Sorry... but no. They don't.
WordPress Hosts are there to store your website files and serve them up whenever someone visits your site.
When it comes to maintenance, the best you might get is a daily backup, stored inside your hosting account, and automatic WordPress updates.
That’s not enough, friend!
HERE'S THE PROBLEM...
WordPress sites are prone to being hacked.
Because it’s the most popular platform in the world, it’s also popular for hackers.
If your site is hacked, your backups just got hacked too!
When everything is stored with your host, everything disappears or gets held hostage in a hacking situation.
You absolutely need an off-site backup done on a daily basis.
To keep your site safe and running in tip-top shape, you have to...
WHOA! THAT'S A LOT TO REMEMBER.
I've got you covered!
I know. You’re too busy running your business and doing all the other life stuff to remember all this.
I’ll handle all of the website maintenance and monitoring.
You just focus on growing your business… I’ll take care of your website!
Your Worry-Free WordPress Care Plan includes...
Just choose a monthly or annual plan to get started!
I’ll be in touch with all the details, and your site will be covered almost immediately!
Ready to feel this kind of relief?
Here's How to Get Started
- Fill out the form below to sign up for a plan.
- Choose monthly billing or save with the annual plan.
- Complete the onboarding form that’s emailed to you.
- Sit back and relax. I’ll start protecting and maintaining your site within 3 business days.
FAQs, Terms & Conditions
I check and update each site at least once a week, sometimes more frequently.
I often wait a week or two after major updates are released to allow time for developers to iron out any issues before I update them on your site.
- Weekly checks and updates to WordPress Core, Plugins and Themes
- Security, Uptime, and Link monitoring
- Daily backup of Database and Files
- If after updates to WordPress Core, WordPress Plugins or WordPress Themes are performed it is determined that one or more of the updates caused problems for the overall functioning of the website, then the site will be ‘rolled back’ to the state before the updates were performed using the latest website backup. We will then contact the you to discuss options to remedy the issue.
- Monthly client report detailing updates and monitoring above plus performance monitoring, SEO keyword tracking, and Google Analytics
- Addition or editing of pages, posts, forms, menus, or plugins
- Addition of new features to the website or modification of existing features
- Changes to the design of the website
- Installation of new WordPress plugins
- Installation of new WordPress themes
- Search Engine Optimization
- SSL certificate installation and maintenance
- Domain name changes
- Integrations or support of existing integrations
- Repair of website issues caused by Client
- Loading or formatting of e-commerce products
- Interpretation of Google Analytics or Google Page Speed Insights
Any work required to remedy an issue where a change or update caused problems to the overall functioning of the website will be discussed with you beforehand. Work expected to take more than a few minutes will be charged separately at your discounted hourly rate.
This list is subject to change, but currently includes
- Elementor Pro – drag and drop page builder for creating beautiful pages easily
- RankMath Pro – This is the premium version of my preferred SEO plugin
- CartFlows – Sales funnel builder that works alongside Elementor, Divi, or Beaver Builder pages
- WP Rocket – a site speed and caching plugin
- … and several others for building quizzes, landing pages, etc.
Because of the nature of this service, there are no refunds once your WPCare Plan has been set up.
You may cancel your plan in your client portal at any time. Your plan will be cancelled at the end of the current billing cycle.
Sure thing. You can find the WordPress Care Plan Client Agreement here.